Peoples Church COVID19 Response Plan
Dear Peoples People,
With so much uncertainty in the air, I sincerely hope you are finding the time today to breathe, connect with loved ones, and remember that you are not alone. I wanted to update you on Peoples Church’s current response to COVID-19:
- On Sunday night the Peoples Board and I decided to cancel Sunday morning worship services and Faith Formation classes for the next two weeks and move them online.
- Today, because the Governor of Iowa issued a State of Public Health Disaster Emergency, we are extending this plan through at least and including April 12th (Easter Sunday).
- Worship and Faith Formation will be live-streamed over Zoom and YouTube every Sunday that we do not meet in person. Worship will be at 11am with Faith Formation at 10am.
- YouTube is accessible to all with internet access with no download required. Simply go to the Peoples Church UU Cedar Rapids, Iowa YouTube page at the appropriate time.
- Zoom is free, but it requires an app on your computer which you can download for free: https://zoom.us A link to the Zoom meeting will be sent out this weekend. Please note, it is also possible to use a telephone to call in on Zoom.
- We are cancelling all committee meetings, team meetings, and support groups unless the can meet online or over the phone. Lay leaders wishing to host meetings online may contact the staff to gain access to our church Zoom account.
- We are cancelling all planned events, including the New Member Classes, Putnam Museum Trip (March 28), Trivia Night (April 4), Passover Seder Dinner (April 10), and Easter Egg Hunt (April 12).
- Staff are continuing to work from the church for now during their regularly scheduled office hours. Should this need to change staff are willing and able to work from home.
I know this is a difficult time. If you are feeling overwhelmed or anxious, please reach out for support. You can call me anytime at church 319-362-9827 or at home 319-200-7650. I would love to hear from you!
Finally, like all of you, I have never been through this before. I have never pastored a church through a pandemic before. So, I thank you in advance for your understanding, patience, and grace as we all feel our way through this public health crisis. We are bound to fumble with technology, and we will be mightily inconvenienced, but we WILL get through this challenging time together.
Rev. Rebecca Hinds